Thursday, July 05, 2012

Celebrating 3 years...

The fourth of July is a celebration for Gabo and I. I have the story here. We celebrated with friends and family on the 4th at our house.

I invited a bunch of random friends over and then I realized that not a lot of people knew the others. Whoops! Nothing like making new friends at a 4th of July party in Mexico. We had a great time. My husband was a rock star like usual and went along with my crazy plans and ran to stores and carried things out of cars, etc.  Then we did our usual clean up activity afterwards. I dominate the kitchen while he sweeps, mops and takes out all the trash. We have it down to a routine which actually makes us enjoy the parties a lot more.

Here are some highlights from the party.
We go big or we go home friends. Yes, that is a flag cake and 2 APPLE PIES!

My friend Whitney was in charge of decorations and she hit a home run.
 These decorations may or may not stay in my house on the walls for awhile. Gabo does call our apt the United States. :)
Here is the love of my life leaning over all the food we had. 
 I am so excited that he took a chance and talked to the white girl hostess 3 years ago!
This picture is for my sister Amy. I took this out of her garage sale box last August. I knew I would use it!

Tim with the "American Star Root Beer" that I found at Waldo's. The American guys were so excited!

Our littlest party goers Dax (L) and Lydia (R) celebrated their first 4th with us!

Lining up for the Watermelon Seed Spitting Contest. It was a grand time!

Some bi-cultural couples and their babies with Gabo and I. And a small random child named Angel. :)
It was a very fun day and I am glad that I got to spend it with my friends and American food. God Bless America!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Boiler Up, Gabo! Please see the "I am an American!" speech said at each Purdue pregame show during football season! :)
http://www.purdue.edu/bands/aamb/iamanamericanbg.html
And the pot holder! Seriously!?
You guys are awesome!

Kathy said...

Looked like a grand time.