Sunday, May 20, 2012

Summer Lovin'

As students are taking their exams and finishing up the year, I am getting excited for summer. We have some visitors coming (and still waiting on some pending ones as well) and some other exciting plans. Gabo is most likely (please pray!!) will be working hard on producing a disk for a guy from the state of Tampico and will continue teaching private lessons here in the house.

I am going to take advantage of our summer. Here are some things I want to do/focus on from now until August-ish.

  • I want to work out. There are have been seasons of my life that I have worked out and eaten well. This is not one of them. I feel MUCH better when I cut back on the sugar and white flour and I do something active for 30 minutes a day...this is apart from walking all over the city. I like structure and a plan and I want to take this time to take care of myself. 
  • I am excited about having a little "extra" time with Jesus. I want to spend a little bit more time in the mornings in my times with Him. I am looking forward to this. 
  • Now that the students are (almost) out of classes, we as leadership want to take time to do fun, cheap activities here in the city. We want to use the time this summer to foster more community and see the things that we think we never have time to see. So we are implementing "The Summer of Fun--no more long faces!". We are going to go to museums (well they are. I am skipping those), movie marathons, going swimming, going bowling, etc. I am excited to enjoy the city and the students. 
What about you? Do you have any summer goals? 

1 comment:

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I should send you a copy of my summer plans. I just submitted mine to my boss.