Thursday, May 03, 2012

Presidents, Elections and the burn of time.

Dear 3 blog friends that I have,

I am not a political woman. I try to be but I really don't know enough. And I have reached a crossroads. In 2007, I moved to Mexico and although technology is always improving, I have lived outside of the United States for ALL of Obama's time in office. His decisions for the most part have not filtered down to my life at all. I hear every once in awhile the things he has done and what he hasn't done but I am kind of out of sorts.

Approaching this election, I don't have a ton of opinions because well I haven't heard the debates, researched the republican candidates, and most likely will not live in the United States during their time in office.

It's a weird place to be in folks on the other side of the border. I have a passport, the right to vote but knowing that my vote for the most part will not impact my life.

On the other side, we in Mexico are also in an election year. In July, they will vote for a new President. I hear and see a lot about the candidates. I have some opinions but still feel uneducated. The downside that even if I knew for sure what I wanted, I can't vote. I am not naturalized yet.

Here is one of the turmoils of living abroad. I have the power to vote in my home country but my vote does not impact me because I don't live there. And where the decisions affect me, I don't have the right to vote.

Interesting huh? Never really thought about that.

Republican, Democrat, Independent Party, man, woman, abortion, taxes, etc....I got nothing friends.

2 comments:

John said...

friend one!

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

Oh I'm claiming friend #2!!!