My grandpa, Jim Hendricks passed away on April 5, 2012. Gabo and I are grateful for a number of things. That we were able to go and be with the family during the funeral and that we got really good quality time with him over Christmas.
I will miss...
- his love for Notre Dame sports
- his newspaper articles that he cut out
- talking about Mexican presidents, drug cartels and everything else south of the border
- the squalk of his police radio
- the smell of his cologne and aftershave as a little girl when I crawled up into his lap
- the scruff of his beard on my forehead when he was too lazy to shave
- the smile on his face when I graduated college
- the way he demanded attention at any family gathering
- when he tried to pay us back for every little expense and his desire for us to save our money and not spend anything on him
|at Gabo and I's reception dancing with my grandpa|