Friday, June 06, 2008

I'm terrified of spiders. I'm not afraid of a lot of things but spiders is at the top of the list. I become pretty hysterical when they are around me too. One of the only times my sweet timid stepfather raised his voice at me was when he thought I was yelling "FIRE!!!" from the basement instead of "SPIDER!!!"

I have had my run-ins with these pests since coming home to good ole Indiana too. I was driving down the street and a nice jumping spider wanted to get out of the car. I later after a small anxiety attack on the street successfully killed that mutant. That evening I felt it was appropriate to bug bomb my ford explorer to rid my friend of all his little eggs.

But the kicker of the car spiders came on Tuesday when I was driving my mom's car down the Indiana toll road. A spider of greater size decided to make his presence known as I drov 75 mph down the highway. I calmly pulled over, put the car in park, flashers on and annihalated that creature.

I'm not sure why I'm so afraid of spiders or why God feels it's necessary for me to continually be greeted with my enemies in small confined places while I'm operating automobiles. Nonetheless, it has brought thrill back into my driving ability.

**please note if you are my state farm agent reading this, it's all made up. I didn't stop my car on any busy highways or put myself in danger while driving :)**

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! This is the perfect post for today - we are definitely connected in spirt! Guess where I found a spider today? That's right - in the guest bathroom - where they like to hide until you visit! I picked up the hand towel and out it jumped! It did startle me, but of course I just let it go. Those little guys do great work! Anyway, I hope you're well - been thinking of you so much. Pleae give me a call at some point - I don't have your number or I'd call you! Love you so much! Kim