Thursday, January 19, 2012

2011 Wrap-Up

Coming back to Mexico has been an adjustment but I am thankful for many things. I love my apartment. I love that God has provided for every one of our needs. I am so excited that my husband has work. I am excited for 2012 but I want to recap some of my highlights of 2011.

I got to lead my first summer project in Mexico. We loved the students and our time together and we learned a lot. 


By nature, I like to lead projects, conferences, people. Planning a project in Mexico is a different story. It was hard motivating students to raise their support and book bus tickets. I relied on volunteers in the city to help plan our service activities and some people just didn't dropped the ball. Staff had to drop out at the last minute too. But I am so grateful for this opportunity. I made some great memories and some good friends.


My sweet older brother Eric got hitched in San Francisco.

This was actually only the second time that Gabo and Eric saw each other. We had a great time with my family and celebrating our new addition, Cindy. It was cold and rainy. Gabo and I were surprised how much the metros cost in San Francisco. We were really excited to return to Mexico and the metro here.

Some of my favorite white girls married some pretty sweet Mexican men. 
--Angie married Pepe on June 11, 2011. I was one of her bridesmaids. As you can see from the picture, I got burned severely by the sun. NOT a highlight of the year but all in all it was a good time.
--Then Caitlin married Victor on November 12, 2011 in Xalapa. Caitlin and I were roommates my first year in Mexico and we became friends with Victor then. Years later they married!
Caitlin and I at her Civil Wedding. I was one of their witnesses.

I turned 30! I love my birthday every year. This year was special as well. Gabo always does a great job making me feel loved. We celebrated with a party with my friends on Friday, November 4 then had lunch with some "special friends" on Saturday my actual birthday and did nothing at night. :) 





I look forward to what God has in store for me, for my marriage, for our life and ministry.

No comments: