Sunday, June 26, 2011

Considering Jesus..

One of my jobs on staff is going to share on campuses here in Mexico City. I try to go about every week even though that I don't have a team. I look for volunteers or students to go with me. 

The part of Evangelism that I love is that it's a conversation. Even though many Christians think of it as a time to impart a sermon, I don't love that. It's a dialogue. 

So I was on campus on Tuesday sharing with students. I met Carmen who is studying Sociology and we hit it off right away. We had a great conversation. Carlos began to transition into the Gospel and we talked about her belief of God and what she believes about Jesus. 

I began to talk about the claim of Jesus being a Lord, Liar or Lunatic and what she thought about that. Carmen told me she never considered Jesus as Lord but he definitely wasn't a Liar or a Crazy man. She thought of him as a good leader. 

A.W. Tozer says, "What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us." 

I began to talk to Carmen that our view of God affects how we see our life. Carmen told me she never considered that before. She had to go to class but she had a lot to think about. 

So my question is, what comes to mind when you think about God? How does your life reflect who Jesus really is? And what do you do everyday to tell the world about who Jesus really is?  

No comments: