Tuesday, July 07, 2009

On Missions

If you are reading this, you are probably under some understanding that my full time job is a missionary. I've been doing this for about 5 years after graduation from college when God radically did some things that pointed me directly to Him and I obeyed. Now I live in Mexico as a 27 year old single lady and am having the time of my life doing it.

But the word missions has really hit a nerve with me recently. Yes, I'm a missionary. I'm not special. Every believer has a call on their life to missions. Some people just don't do it as their full time job. Even if I were to leave Mexico tomorrow (Oh Lord, please not yet!) and move back to the states and work at Target, I still am a missionary. It will just look different. Because the things I love and am passionate about will not change. I will still intentionally talk about a God who transformed my life. I will still walk beside younger believing women and invest in them so they have a foundation to know Jesus in a more clear way and I will still help others be more equipped to be "missionaries" as well.

I'm not sure how this affects me or my future. I just know that my hands are open. If this missions organization isn't the best fit for me, I am completely confident that God will show where my next missions assignment is. I just hope that it might still be on Mexican soil.

_________

In other news, I'm currently taking a Christian Life Theology class this week in Spanish. It has been very interesting and challenging due to the language and content. I'm learning a ton, being humbled in my ability and grateful to apply some things from this week.

No comments: