Friday, July 17, 2009

Chihuahua here we come...

And I'm not talking about the dog.

Just about a year ago, my friend Andrea and I were on top of the Latin America Tower in Mexico City filming a video for my supporters. We happened to run into another US sent missionary who is a church planter in the city. As our connection grew, he invited me along with other staff to go to Chihuahua, Mexico. He was in contact with a church there that had been praying for someone to teach them how to reach out to the universities. And since that is an area where I can help, my teammate from Holland, Joram and I are leaving tomorrow morning with the church planter to train the church and college students for 5 days. It will be a quick trip but I am excited for what God will do.


This picture was taken at one of our Monday morning training times. Joram is on the far right.

Here are some specific prayer requests:
- That God will give Joram and I the ability to communicate well in Spanish. The accents up north are a little different I hear.
- For our training times. We are preparing an Evangelism training time, Discipleship and how to Launch Movements on College Campuses
- That we would be a blessing to this church
- For great time with college students (that is why we are going)
- For access to the campus UACH and that we can take the students from the church sharing at the university.

No comments: