Thursday, January 08, 2009

Back Home.

Back in Mexico

I must admit my time at home was really good but quick. I flew in to Chicago on December 22 with bronchitis and hit the ground running. My sister Amy and I shopped our faces off, I got to see a ton of close friends and supporters of my ministry, spent time with my family for Christmas, and saw Wicked on Broadway. And that was all in 5 days. :) I slept a little while I was home too.

Two sweet friends that lived and worked on the same team with me in Mexico were willing to commit to a road trip from South Bend to Denver, CO. It was such a fun way to catch up.

It was a blast to see friends from Colorado as well. The conference in Denver was great. Jesus worked in my heart and I enjoyed connecting with staff too.

I'm back in Mexico City now. Starting work back today with training some new volunteers in the city. The teams from last semester starts again on Jan 12.

Here are some things you can be praying for:

  • wisdom, direction and clarity for our long term ministry
  • that I would set good boundaries and not be a workaholic :)
  • for sweet time with my friends here in Mexico
  • that I would connect deeply to the heart of God and experience the Gospel daily

2 comments:

Amy said...

I like the new look on your blog. I wrote on mine too. I'm going to work on keeping up with it. Love you.

Justin said...

emily, cool blog and glad that you enjoyed your break. es un placer para conocerte y trabajar con una chica que ama a Jesús. nos vemos.