Sunday, October 05, 2008

That This Generation of Students....

I hear these words and (once again) it sends my heart beating quickly. Standing at Passion Mexico City this weekend was a sobering for me because sadly I am no longer in "this" generation of students. My generation has passed.

My prayers for this university generation in Mexico is:
- they would not just have an emotional experience with Jesus Christ but that they would know him and would be wrecked to move in the direction of changing the world because of that experience.
- that students would know that faith is more than a list of do's and don't's
- that the universities would be awakened to the glory of Jesus and their peers would be the carriers of that light.

Christy Nockels sang on the tour and Jesus met me in the middle of these words.
Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love
Like you have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I am For Your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity
What a sweet refresher of how good Jesus is.

1 comment:

Diane Elizabeth said...

hello there friend! that song is my absolute favorite :) miss you and pray for you often!